Poppy Flower Monarch butterfly
Aerial photo of U.C.S.B campus point
Bicycles in bike racks

Special Enrollment Programs


Intercampus Transfer

Undergraduates may apply for transfer to another University of California campus. The application is available on-line at: www.universityofcalifornia.edu/apply. Students may apply on-line November 1-30 for fall quarter, or July 1-31 for winter quarter.

If you are or have been enrolled in a regular UCSB quarter, you may apply for an intercampus transfer to another UC campus provided you have not been registered subsequently in a regular term at another collegiate institution. A nonrefundable fee is required at the time you submit your application. Application filing periods are listed in the Quarter Deadlines.

Intercampus Visitor Program (ICV)

The Intercampus Visitor (ICV) Program allows qualified undergraduate students to take advantage of educational opportunities at other UC campuses. Students may take courses that are not available at their home campus, participate in special programs, or study with a distinguished faculty member at another campus for one quarter. For more information, section an option:

                       UCSB Student Applying to Another Campus              UC Student Applying to UCSB                         

For more information about the ICV Program, call (805) 893-3592, or send email to: VisitingPrograms@sa.ucsb.edu

Note: The Host campus manages the student’s financial aid. If you are a financial aid recipient, you must have your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) sent to the host campus by listing their school code on your FAFSA. You may make this change on the FAFSA website at www.fafsa.ed.gov/.

Intersegmental Cross Enrollment Program (ICE)

Undergraduate students enrolled in a California Community College or a California State University campus may enroll in a University of California campus without formal admission for a maximum of one course per quarter. Students are charged a per-unit, non-refundable administrative fee that is based on the current California Community College unit rate. Rates are subject to change. The ICE application is available here. For more information about the ICE Program, call (805) 893-3592, or send email to: VisitingPrograms@sa.ucsb.edu.

Qualifications for this program include:

  • Completion of one term at the home campus
  • 6 unit minimum enrollment at home campus
  • 2.0 GPA at home campus, good academic standing
  • Registered/paid at home campus
  • Prerequisite requirements met
  • California resident

ICE Scholarships available: Students interested in becoming a K-12 teacher should consider a course in the CalTeach Minor in Science and Mathematics Education. There are tracks for both prospective elementary teachers and for prospective secondary science and mathematics teachers. While funds are available, students who successfully complete any applicable courses through the ICE program are eligible to have their per-unit course fee reimbursed by the Gevirtz Graduate School of Education. Upon successfully completing the course, students should contact the UCSB CalTeach Program Director at calteach@education.ucsb.edu to receive the CalTeach course fee reimbursement. Eligible courses can be found on the CalTeach website at https://education.ucsb.edu/minors/science-and-mathematics-education-minor.

Simultaneous Enrollment Program (SE)

UC undergraduate students may enroll, without formal admission and without payment of additional University fees, in courses at another UC campus on a space available basis at the discretion of the appropriate campus authorities on both campuses.

Students must have completed a minimum of 12 units as a matriculated student at the home campus; be enrolled at UCSB in the current term for a minimum of 12 units as a matriculated student; be in good standing; and have the appropriate academic preparation as determined by the host campus.

For more information about the Simultaneous Enrollment Program, call (805) 893-3592, or send email to: VisitingPrograms@sa.ucsb.edu

Intercampus Exchange Program for Graduate Students (IEPGS)

If approved for IEPGS, enrolled UCSB graduate students may take classes and use many of the facilities at other UC campuses. Using the IEPGS application process, students seek approval from their home department and the host department at the campus they wish to visit.

Students are limited to taking courses at another UC that are not available at UCSB and are essential to their degree work. Students must have a cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.0 and be in good academic standing.

Approval is granted for one quarter (or semester) at a time but may be renewed. If approved for IEPGS, students must register in a minimum of eight units and pay fees at UCSB to be eligible to register and study at the host campus without additional charge. For further information and IEPGS application, consult the Graduate Division.